This Extractivism Policy Brief 8/2023 shows
• The paper analyzes the lack of cooperation between universities and companies in Algeria.
• There is a lack of incentives for knowledge transfer between academia and industry.
• University research in Algeria is insufficiently focused on the needs of industry.
• Limited financial resources and infrastructure are barriers to research and innovation.
• Algeria needs to improve university-industry collaboration and strengthen the research landscape.
author: Mourad Ouchichi (Université de Béjaïa, Algeria)